In the current environment we observe every other technology company advertising their Web and Mobile Application Development services, as though they are the provider of complete solutions with little time spent on researching the problem at hand. It goes without saying that creating the appropriate strategy to better develop and market the app is equally important.
Here in this blog, we will look into 5 of the most essential techniques of improving the following: 1) web presence, 2) creating a more user-centric solution, 3) fast-tracking development and 4) long term goals for businesses
1. Research Your Target Audience Thoroughly
When Designers, engineers and marketing sit together in a meeting, the first thing they have to discuss is the audience. Without a user ‘persona’, there is no point of creating a solution. There a multiple competitors in the market for several user personas so businesses really have to dig deep and find the niche they want to target.
Businesses that focus on understanding user behavior, needs and motivation, have a clearer goal in mind. They have more likelihood of creating a web and mobile solution that is right for users. This strategy goes a long way in promoting customer loyalty and retention.
2. Choosing the Right Platform & Technology Stack
Before initiating the development process, businesses need to make a decision on what platforms they are going to market their product on, also which technologies are they going to build the application solution itself.
For mobile apps, there is a battle of trade-offs between iOS and Android platforms. Each have their own distinct set of users with various demographics, personalities, wants and pain-points. There are two particular types of mobile apps that are dominating the marketing:
- Native Apps: They are standalone mobile solutions that are installed directly onto a smartphone through “App Store”. Native apps are developed for a single platform in their native programming language — Swift for Apple iOS apps, Java for Android apps and lastly C# for Windows Phone.
- Hybrid Apps: They combine features of native apps and web apps in a way that might offer the best of both worlds. They are slightly slower than native apps but have more features that can be included to provide a reasonably good user experience.
- Progressive Web Apps (PWAs): Technologists are huddling towards the PWAs because of how easily these apps adjust to fit the mobile device. They are fast becoming the new norm as Google is prioritizing web apps that load fast and are feature rich at the same time. PWAs are coded up in the latest web frameworks such as Angular, HTML5 and styled components.
3. Build Applications That Scales With Increased Users
Prior to even building the application itself, its critical to think about opportunities to scale the software solution once a user threshold is reached. Since we are thinking long term, applications of yesteryears were not designed to cater to flooding of users.
Internet connection from Wi-fi and hot spots are both sources of endless streams of data which the companies have to manage and store. Additionally, with over 67 percent of companies supporting BYOD (bring your own device), companies must control the
4. Introduce Automation Streamline Processes
In the startup age, where everyone is making an effort to push their product out in the market as fast as they possibly can, there is a need for automation. If a business has accomplished over 10 projects, then the company should introduce automation to streamline processes and testing to reduce time-to-market.
So from the company’s end, development costs are cut as engineers are not re-inventing the wheel and focusing on more critical parts of the application itself.
High availability is one of main many primary goals of automation. A key advantage of automation is the ability to automate your app’s storage and recovery systems to ensure protection from potential disaster of disk loss, or permanent damage to system objects from human error.
5. Growth Hacking and Marketing Strategy
Once your web or mobile app is operational, the next objective businesses have to target it achieve the best ranking on search engines or mobile app stores. For a mobile app, in order to ensure increased traffic and downloads, the app needs rank high in either Google Play Store or Apple Store.
To achieve these goals, your app needs to wholly address the customer. Apart from brand identity, your app should seamlessly integrate with its users and actually help them solve their problems with a few taps of a button.
Businesses should also analyze for funnels where they are losing out on customers, these serve as data points for companies to optimize and improve upon existing web pages for better User Experience. There are several tools out there that provide full health-check report of the web and mobile app.
Origami Studios is a modern technology company that performs top-notch mobile application development to assist companies to make a mark in the mobile market. For more information, check out our services and contact us for free consultation.