The practice of investing in online stock has become more and more common as the day passes. India was a relatively slow starter because of its technological limitations but as more and more reforms took place as the years rolled by, it definitely inspired confidence in the common folk of India to invest time and money in day trading.
One of the key points here is that day trading has become a lot simpler albeit more secure than it used to be after Wall Street crash. Clearly it was a reminder for the world that you cannot survive in the long run with investment mal practices and as such India has very heavy rules and regulations when it comes to stock trading.
There are a lot of companies that deal in stock broking in India and as such it can be a bit confusing for beginners or for people who are inexperienced. So to help with the confusion, below is a list of some of the most reputed stock broking companies that currently operate in India.
- Kotak Securities: It is a subsidiary of Kotak Mahindra bank. Kotak securities is among the top 10 stock brokers in India with a customer base of more than 10 Lakhs. They also have international presence and are a part of NSE and BSE.
- ICICI Direct: Founded in the year 2000, ICICI direct is India’s biggest full time E-Broking house with a customer base of nearly 35 lakhs. They deal in both BSE and NSE and have a wide range of investment portfolio’s like Mutual funds, IPO’s, overseas trading, derivatives trading and so on.
- Pro Stocks: They are a relatively new player in the stock broking scene as they were incorporated in 2016. Pro Stocks major USP is that they provide the cheapest transaction charges on exchanges. They have a wide range of plans and has one of the best customer support service.
- 5Paisa: 5Paisa is a brokerage firm based in Mumbai and is a part of India Infoline (IIFL). They have a diversified business portfolio that deals in finance & credit, asset management, stock and currency broking, investment banking and so on.
- Angel Broking Pvt. LTD: They are among the leading stock broking firms in India. They are based in Mumbai and are one of the oldest stock broking firms in India. They have a wide range of invest portfolio’s including mutual funds, equity trading, IPO, Investment advisory, portfolio management and so on.
- Reliance Securities Ltd: Reliance is one of the widest known brands in India and reliance securities is the broking firm for Reliance Capital Group. They have a very wide presence throughout the country and has some of the most competitive brokerage options and a very wide range of Investment options, especially in corporate deposits and bonds.
- SBICAP Securities: As the name says, it is a part of the State Bank Group. They are one of the most well reputed stock brokerage firms in India associated with NSE and BSE and is DP with CDSL.
For a more detailed analysis and comparison, refer to the websites for the respective brokerage firms.