Fruit baskets are an assortment of selected fresh fruits which are arranged aesthetically in a wicker basket. Fresh, juicy fruits not only look beautiful sitting in the woven basket wrapped with pretty ribbons, but they also taste divine.
Pros of a Fruit Basket
- Fruits are packed with vitamins and minerals which makes them a very healthy snack. They are rich in antioxidants which fight cell degeneration within our body. Fruits are also low in fat and cholesterol which makes them a great gift for obese people who are trying to opt for a healthier lifestyle. It can also be gifted people with high blood sugar levels. So Fruit basket is a very versatile gift.
- They come at various price ranges to fit everyone’s budget.
- You can have the fruit delivery done to your loved one’s doorstep as a surprise just by pressing a few of your smart phone or computer keys. There are quite a few online shops who promise to make your delivery on time.
- There are various types of fruits baskets you can find online so there is something for everyone.
- You can gift fruit baskets to anyone starting from younger kids to elderly grand moms and everyone in between. You can gift it to you friends, family, colleagues or even neighbors.
- It can be a gift for almost any occasion. Be it birthdays, anniversaries, house warming ceremonies, baby showers, as a get well soon present, as a token of appreciation, etc.
Cons of a Fruit Basket
There is hardly any con to this gifting option. However, you should just be a little cautious while choosing the basket as it may include any fruit or nut that the person you are gifting might be allergic to. Most people are not allergic to fresh fruits but it is always a good idea to stay on the safer side.
There are quite a few online stores that sell fruits baskets at every price point. You can pick something as affordable as $12.99 or something from the mid range category of around $30 or get something high end which can shell anything about $60 to $70 from your pocket. Each fruit basket, whether expensive or affordable, is of extremely good quality.
Types of Baskets
- Gourmet Nuts and Dry Fruits
This basket is loaded with a mix of crunchy, yummy nut like almonds, walnuts, Brazil nuts and hazel nuts. They are a great gift during the winter months as nuts are known to keep the body warm. You can also choose a dry fruit basket which has a longer shelf life than fresh fruits. These baskets include apricots, cranberries, dry pineapple and figs. These baskets generally cost around $12.99.
- A Basket of Mixed Exotic Fruits
These baskets contain juicy fresh fruits that come at various price ranges. Each basket contains a variety of fruits ranging from apples, oranges, kiwis, bananas, pineapples, grapes, pomegranates, etc. If you want to choose a basket with only one try of fruit say just apples or mangoes then you can do that to.
- Baskets with Fruits and other Goodies
If you want to for more than just fruit then you can pick one of these baskets which generally are at a higher price. They often contain goodies like chocolates, crackers, wine, honey, cheese etc. along with the fruits.